Ticket sales for the guided visit of the Bodegas Mendoza.
The Bodegas Enrique Mendoza, were founded in 1989 as a family business. The project was conceived at the end of the 1970´s when Enrique Mendoza started buying, collecting and investing in wines as a hobby.
Later he followed one of the ancient traditions of the Marina Baixa area where wine was produced for the family’s consumption. He planted his first 2,000 vines which over the last 25 years have transformed his Bodega in Alfas del Pi. He now has 1.400 Casks of the best French and American oak, from where his wines are bottled. His wines are highly valued in the domestic and international markets. The area also has 4, 5 Hectares of Muscatel grape from Alexandria.
TOUR: The visit consists of two parts accompanied by one of our excellent professionals: Firstly, a guided tour of the facilities starting at the EXPERIMENTAL PRUNING FIELD, the heated room of FINAL PRODUCT, the BOTTLING ROOM and the underground CAVA with more than 1,200 American and French oak barrels.
The second part of our visit consists of the wine tasting, which takes place in the garden, under a beautiful “Riu-Rau” typical of the area. Here you will have the chance to sample 7 of the Bodega Mendoza’s best wines:
1. White Chardonnay Fermented 2017
2. Rosado Monastrell Native Yeasts 2018
3. Monastrell- Merlot 2017 - 12 months in barrel,
4. Petit Verdot 2016 - 15 months in barrel,
5. Las Quebradas 2016 - 15 months in barrel,
6. Santa Rosa 2015 - 16 months in barrel, and to finish
7. Dolç de Mendoza 2014. A “Premium” sweet wine made with Monastrell grapes, 36 months in barrel paired with Chocolates Valor.
All this is also accompanied by a tasting-pairing of our extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) Barranco Tagarina, brie toast, selection of Spanish sausages, in addition to a selected cheese table with Denomination of Origin (DOs Vall de Catí, Dehesa de los Llanos and Boffard).
An enjoyable experience of approximately 2 hours for all wine lovers.
NOTE: under 18´s cannot participate in the wine tasting according to Valencian Law 3/1997 de Junio de la Generalitat Valenciana.
- Bodegas Mendoza
- Address: Partida el Romeral s/n - ALFAZ DEL PI - (ALICANTE)
Tours: Tuesday to Friday 10:00, 12:00 & 16:00 hours.
Saturday 10:00 &12:00 hours
- We speak Spanish, English and French.
- Tickets must be purchased a minimum of 2 days in advance.
- IMPORTANT: print your ticket from the screen or from the email which will be sent to your e-mail address. You need to present this at the Winery.
Click to enlarge